Wednesday 20 February 2008

inspiration

The psychogeography directly corresponded to the project I project lead and one sentence on the wikipedia made me feel so related to this idea that I immediately book marked into my inspiration folder..

Psychogeography http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychogeography
"...A more straightforward definition is that it is "a slightly stuffy term that's been applied to a whole toy box full of playful, inventive strategies for exploring cities. Psychogeography includes just about anything that takes pedestrians off their predictable paths and jolts them into a new awareness of the urban landscape."

Well in the project MOVE we are feeding the research with the question "what moves people?" so I also immediately sent the link of the wikipedia page to the people I collaborate with in this project.

"Society of the spectacle" relates to things we've been discussing in the flat group and though having to dig deeper, I found the theories very triggering. An example when reading was that I'd like to try making the face on face projections come from a TV. This is something that would transmit a message we've also been discussing within the flat group. It would also create a nice aesthetics, having the TV between the audience and the performer where the image also acts as light thrown at the performer (free from Michael's words yesterday).

No comments: